Every Good Boy Does Fine

July 2005 it is.
Here with thePrincess I find time to sit down at her piano and peck out tune or two on the ivory keys.

Ebony and ivory living together and under my fingers in slight disharmony-at least for the time being. Sometimes I still hear the voice of my childhood piano teacher, Mr's Wallace.

She was a nice woman, reminded me of that actress-Sandy Duncan.
Mrs Wallace was smiley, friendly and I trusted her.

About once a week or so, after school my foster brother, sister and I would get a ride to town and two of us would have to wait while the other one sat in Mrs Wallace' study-with Her and played for her.

All I can recall is the basic simply songs of the time; Three Blind Mice, Go Tell Aunt Rhody the Old Gray Goose is Dead, Go Tell It on the Mountain, etc.

Now all I can recall is the notes of the Staves. I remember them by the mnemonical line of Every Good Boy Does Fine for the right hand and Good Boys Do Fine Always for the left hand.

And you basically need to remember the mnemonics if you want to read music and draft your own tablature, which is what I'm doing currently.

Don't worry though, I'm not Mozart or Bhrams by any means, just more Chopsticks. But I do write what I come up with each night I play and that helps me remember what I played last week or last month even.

I'm sure that Mr's Wallace has many fine students of piano that went on ahead and played much better than I do, but for me-I play to soothe me and my savage breast or beast if you will.

One local bar owner talked to me last month when he was visiting my Princess and rolling out melodies of his own on MY piano in the lobby.

Grrrr... anyway, sorry for being so territorial.

But the young man did have great words of advice to me, just play with both hands no matter what and soon I'll be playing music.

I do have melodies in my head, and attempt to play with my left hand and highlighting the tunes with my right hand. To no avail.

But I soldier on.

I dunno if thePrincess decided to shut the Bar down early because of Me and my playing or else for Other reasons. As the Bar is directly across from the piano.

*sigh*

Her Highness is funny. She's so cool and worldly yet down to earth.
She'll be smoking in the Smoker Tent with everyone else and at other times she'll be in bed early, fast asleep for tomorrow.

I'm upset still, because I had to clean up after Her a few nights ago, vomit everywhere out by the Housing.

Darn Princess, drinking isn't for her, I hope she understands that.

I do alot of things here and she doesn't know, and that's ok. I don't expect her or anyone else to understand.

In a few months I will approach some military recruiters to see if they'll take me into the US Army. I've talked with some recruiters already, but I said-See you in the Fall.

I don't expect them to be around by then, as recruiters come and go in the various Anchorage and Fairbanks offices. I support the War on Terror, I think that America is doing the right thing by being the Military presence she is in the World.

But I don't whole heartedly support the occupation of Iraq.
We should be hunting down Osama and bringing his head back to America.

Anyway, I've found my calling in life up here in Alaska years ago.
Public Safety.

All of my life has prepared me for this, I've kept away from bad influences and kept my health, my sanity and my hope. These are strengths that are unshakeable at times.

Well.... except maybe when Cheesecake calls to me from the endless cupboards of thePrincess. At least my Sanity and Hopefullness is unshakeable.

Early this morning I sat at the piano and pecked out a tune while Night Audit looked at the tv. He sat close by on the sofa and scanned through channels and stopped at CNN.

Then the sun started to rise. Jokingly I recoiled in terror and hissed at the light's intrusion upon me. Clawing the air and spitting. My friend laughed at me.

I do feel like a vampire sometimes and I'm getting pale too.

theSam!!!
night security

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poop Moose Has Bottomed Out!!!

theSam!! vs YouTube!?

ELECTION DAY 2006