Combat Training Principles II

This is a follow up from a few posts down regarding the TFT Group & SCARS related write up that I cut & pasted.

I originally wrote this to my VPSO site on Tripod and decided to post my words here as I wrote them a few years ago.
+++++

Some things are genetic.

And although I've rejected Alcoholism I cannot reject the Warrior mentality and traditions of my Lakota culture.

Even now I don't want to sleep at night, I want to stand guard over my family, over my village.

I had some childhood scuffs and a couple of gradeschool fights, then I started boxing in high school.

I was intrigued by martial arts but I never learned any of that.

Instead I've learned some sobering things about hand to hand combat from my war veteran relatives as a youth.

I entered "man hood" by dropping my first opponent ever at 16 yrs age, when a former stepdad re-entered our lives and then got violent with my mother and sister one day.

I put an axe handle to his head and he crawled away. I've never been the same since, as that experience changed me.

Years later in the US Navy, a shipmate of mine told me about what SEAL's were doing at the time.

Something called SCARS.
Special Combat Aggressive Reactionary Systems.

(I will add these additional words here;
On my Tripod site I do believe that in my haste I mislabeled it "Scientific" instead of the proper word "Special". Oh well. I'm not perfect.
But these systems are indeed special because they are scientifically based and students are getting into the meat of the system right away with hits, strikes, throws, take-downs, kicks.
The instructors aren't afraid to tell you what injures, what kills, what will happen to your opponent when you attack them
Don't take any Instruction from anyone that isn't well versed in SCARS & TFT.
Don't listen to anyone that isn't willing to learn Anatomy & Physiology, or advanced medical subjects for that matter.
Don't waste your time learning traditional martial arts that are still stranded in the 14th Centuries. This is the 21st Century and if you want to learn something up to date, these are the People to go to)

Today you'll find SCARS on the Internet, www.scars.com/ and an associate of theirs went onto his own system, TFT-Target Focus Training. www.tftgroup.com/

In the year 2005 I entered into a Scholarship contest with TFT Group and self-nominated for Educational material they were awarding.

I won a DVD package titled; Joint Breaking.
I am impressed by the materials and incorporated it with what I presently know regarding hand-to-hand combat.

I'd trust anything these two companies have to say about the sciences of combat.

Because of my hands on practice with SCARS I'm just not afraid of anybody in a violent situation.

I'm sure the influence of the Church in my life plays a big part of that,
with the Holy Ghost helping to guide me in dealing with people if I am listening! Righteousness is it's own Protection.

Such hard training gives you knowledge and also takes away the fear.
Perhaps that's why I responded to those gun calls so quickly back in the Village when I was VPSO.

I knew I would be ok, I knew what to do with violent people and was always in control of myself.

I can't say enough about SCARS/HCS and TFT Group.

So what ever you choose to train in.

It has to be real, cold and methodical precise science.

Nothing fancy, just simple breaking moves and kill shots.
Accept nothing less than such training because your life depends on it
.

I passed a milestone long ago at age 16 when I defended my Mother and Sister.

Because you have to do things mentally first
before you do things physically.
And due to the instruction of my older relatives I was mentally visualizing what I wanted to do and then practicing physically.

Then in an emergency when my family needed me-the physical part was easy.

And afterwards, I dealt with my feelings honestly, knowing that I did the right thing in protecting my family.

Should I come upon the next milestone of killing someone, I will reluctantly do so. And I will do it quickly.

For I know that every life is sacred, but I also know that not every life has chosen to be good as I have.

Peace. Samuel L. Flyinghorse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poop Moose Has Bottomed Out!!!

theSam!! vs YouTube!?

ELECTION DAY 2006