In theArmy!!, now

Hello everyone!!
 
tehSam!! has reEnlisted thanks to theMilitary raising theAge of Enlistment (theSam!! is 41currently and will turn 42 in Aug).
 
 
WarriorTransitionCourse / WTC
Will be in Fort Sill, Oklahoma and then I will be sent on to Fort Benning, Georgia for OneStationUnitTraining / OSUT
 
Today, Mon 13 July 2009, in Anchorage I made it through the final phases of MEPS / military entrance process station processing and after taking theOath of Enlistment, along with several other militaryService bound young people, I was given my "Package" papers and my flight Itinerary and alas,  was NOT Given any meal voucher checques to WriteOut,
 
theShippingAdvisor / Taxi driver to theAirport told me, us PriorServicemen, that "you prior service are on your own for food".
Uh... Ok
 
Now I sit at "UncleTed's!!", TedStevensInternationalAirport in Anchorage awaiting my flight Out of AK and onto Atlanta,
Wow, it's going to be a long flight.  I'm traveling to WTC & OSUT with a couple other PriorServicemen, as far as I know, we are ALL fullTime ActiveDuty.
 
I'm so excited to be here and taking advantage of this opportunity to serve my country (again!!, as I WAS a Navy ParachuteRigger 1990 through 1995), and now, hopefully with this 2nd enlistment into a more forward duty station I'll get to be in Combat when, wherever I'm stationed with whatever Unit, it's my turn to head to Afghanistan or elsewhere in this world.
 
I'll hop Online when I can but for now, I plan on not going online within the next 4 months.
After I get a permanent dutyStation then I can settle in somewhere.
 
take care everyone.
 
lovs,
theSam!!
 
Samuel Lee Flyinghorse, US Army Soldier, 11X Infantry!!
Hunkpapa Lakota from StandingRock Sioux Tribe, South Dakota
 

Comments

A Fan said…
Take good care of yourself and be safe. And keep us posted!

Popular posts from this blog

Poop Moose Has Bottomed Out!!!

theSam!! vs YouTube!?

ELECTION DAY 2006