UncleSam!! d:o)

today Thu 09 July 2009,
I passed my Army PFT (ppffffffft!!) test d:oP
 
I got a ride from theVillage!! with a family friend yesterday and stayed in Wasilla, then got a ride here to Anchorage and waited a couple of hours till theRecruiters!! were in office till they could see me.
 
Then we waited around another hour for some other chick that was also PFT testing today for service entrance, but she couldn't make it till.... about now after 1430hrs. I didn't want to wait all day for theInevitable!!, so I opted to take my PFT alone.
 
We went to theElmendorf (sp?!) AirForce base and I ran around the small Outside track, 5 laps being 2miles I was told.
 
My female recruiter!! d:oP, demonstrated a portion of the 2mins of Pushups (I did about 20), theArmy way of doing Situps (I'm used to Navy crunches and only did 12, d:o(  ), and theFemaleRecruiter so tough, she actually did a lap in her combat boots!!
 
Then another youngMan fresh from BootCamp!! bested me by actually running with me and set thePace for me to run. After he paced me one lap then he let me run alone.
I did 2miles in about, less than 4mins a lap (4laps), so, probably less than 17mins total for 5 laps.
 
I shoulda!! joined theAirForce,
cos a Flight (group of AirFarce!! cadets) joined me on the track later but they fell in line behind me and only ran a Mile.
 
Now,
Before any of you think I'm a weakling or something (and I am!!)
 
I been working out and running steady for the last 8 months or so,
I lost pounds that got me down to 230 (at my best) from 264
 
and I started lifting weights a little and have gone from measly lil' 25#'s per arm BicepCurls to 50#'s each!!
and from doing Isolated Triceps Extensions of 30ish lbs (both arms) on up to 90lbs.
And I also isolate Triceps Ext Overhead and do 45lbs per arm.
Not much of a gain for some of you, but for me, that's a vast improvement, in fact I probably overTrained!!
 
And my best Navy days (1990 to 1995 era) 4 mile timed run was 27mins, but back then, come PFT test time,
I did terrible on pushUps, SitUps and the 1.5mile run.
I guess I just hate being tested no matter what.
 
Anyway, there you have it.
I've done a few hundred crunches a day on the floor and on an Incline bench,
I work on a basic BowFlex too, with my arms and chest and theLeg extension attachments
and I did some freeWeights, oh..
and a Bar with 90lbs and BenchPresses too, to failure on those, about 50 good ones at that.
 
So whomever's out there,
do what you can to stay in shape, it's not what you do in front of others that matters most,
it's really what you do when you're all alone that counts, and that's part of your personalIntegrity.
 
I get the feeling that I didn't pass thePFT but, I'm good to go and I will report back for shipout to Basic as planned.
I'm just happy to have this privilege to serve, this opportunity before me and will make the most of my 4yrs as an Army Soldier at the old age of 41.
 
I'll keep in touch on my Blog and on my MySpace when I can,
Thanks for everything,
Thanks for checking in, All you People!!
I look forward to serving you!!
 
lovs,
theSam!!
 
Samuel L Flyinghorse
theVillage!!, Alaska

Comments

JNOV said…
You are missed at you know where.

Beth

Popular posts from this blog

Poop Moose Has Bottomed Out!!!

theSam!! vs YouTube!?

ELECTION DAY 2006