Village Military Graduate!!

theVillage!!:  militaryGraduate Sam!!
 
theSon!! just graduated from Infantry training and along the way earned a couple of ribbons for some type of brave & selfless act so next time ya' see him, thank Him for protecting our Nation at home from a Broad!! d:oP
 
And if you don't see him don't worry cos with unfettered access to his stupid Blog, we're sure he'll keep us all apprised of his military successes so you can join him in pride.... if not Chagrin & embarassment!!
 
PFC Samuel L Flyinghorse
left Anchorage on 13 July 2009 to attend WTC/Warrior Transition Course training at Fort Sill, Oklahoma.
The Private First Class spent a few days in reception with 95th battalion before crossing the tracks (going over to theOther side of theBase) and joining up with D Btry 1st Bn 79th FA
 
WTC course requirements included the following:
Basic Rifle Marksmanship, daily Army Physical Fitness, Tactical Foot Marches, Convoy Live Fire & Urban Operations, Detainee Ops, First Aid, Land Navigation and a host of other military stuff too boring to mention.
 
Highlights of this WTC event included first and foremost,
Sgt J. Simonton!!  d:oP
Or at least having to stand next to theCutestAsian in uniform, while in 2nd Plt daily formations, this side of 4th Platoon!!
 
Uhm. Other highlights included taking a picture of msSimonton while she visited 2nd Plt living quarters/Bay and sighted in her M-4 rifle while wearing cute BCG's (birth control glasses).
 
Chowhall visits weren't bad either and the MRE's had to be experienced to be believed, although any MRE that contained Skittles, M&M candies or chocolate as dessert was forgiven of any distressing gastric afflictions meted out upon theSam!!
 
Lowlights of this WTC event included next to the Barracks.  daily PT sessions under the nearby metal port or else out in the open upon the grass
 
Other forgetable events included being ferried about like cattle in actual CattleTrucks!! to and from various grenade, firing ranges and field training events all the while wearing BodyArmor, Helmets, Load bearing vests, carrying our M-16 rifles and bearing our RuckSacks in the 100deg plus!! Oklahoma heat.
 
And last but not least, thePFC!! won't miss pulling his Knee and hamstring while sprinting, cos that injury carried over to PT time in Fort Benning.
 
Upon graduation from WTC in Ft Sill at the end of Aug 2009,
thePFC!! bused to OK City airport, along with his other WTC grads, and was whisked away to Fort Benning Georgia at end of Aug to begin another week of processing at 30th AG Reception before being assigned to C Co, 2-19th, 2nd Plt where thePFC!! joined theBCT's / basic Combat trainees in week 8 of their training and eventually graduated with C Co on Oct 23, 2009
 
Highlights of this OSUT / one station unit training experience included:
being sworn at and disparaged in most provocative profane and indecent manner by at least 3 DS / drill sergeants during PT formation runs and along saturday ruckSack marches..... eh, I guess those DS liked me.
 
Other great experiences included falling off an Obstacle course in early Oct and limping through a weeks worth of FTX / field training exercises and basically slowing everyone else down whom had to wait for me, nice.
 
Another great but Hazy memory includes the final days of graduation week, when, after theYoung boys of C Co had earned their PX visiting privileges and could buy food and drinks and take them back to theBay, someone offered thePFC!! a taste of MONSTER energy drink - thePFC!! was forever hooked. 
 
I say "hazy" memory cos, I stayed awake for at least 2 days straight on 3 monsters, I think I stood a few extra FireGuard watches and barely remember any PT we may have done that last week
 
Seriously though, our military training had pretty much been finished in Ft Sill, And any other FTX's and Convoy Live Fire, w/Detainee Ops and Building & Room Clearing we did at OSUT was advanced information & high speed action.
 
The wilting heat of Oklahoma wasn't present in Georgia and I liked that but I still drank enough water to kill several camels - just like I did in Ft Sill!!
 
After graduatiing as an 11B Infantryman, thePFC!! was handed papers assigning him to Fort Stewart GA, but first allowed to go on a few days leave and so theSam!! is currently back in theAlaskanVillage!! w/ his family.
 
It's snowing outside, the temps are lower 40's F w/ snowfall and moderate winds from the North.
I should know the weather intimately, cos I have to step outside theVillage!! house to go pee out in the woods, as our villageHouse!! never really had plumbing anyway for years.
 
Last night I got to SteamBath at a relatives house, when it was my turn to use theBath house I stayed in for an hour pausing only to step outside into the elements for 5mins nude, It felt great to go from 100+ deg heat to ALMOST below freezing weather. Not very many people like or embrace the cold - just us Alaskans!!
 
I'm glad I am an Army Infantryman, my PriorService brothers and sisters can Outrun me, outPush me, outShoot me and can excel greatly in anything else Army better than I can. I'm old, injured, blind as a bat and deaf as a post and still UncleSam!! lets me stay in uniform, for now.
 
I am honored to be here and have absolute faith in my Arms, my fellow Soldiers and myself.
For I have seen up close some of the training, the weaponry & tactics used, and some of the conduct of my fellow soldiers and I also pushed myself beyond the physical pain.
 
I'm glad to be part of a fighting force this Enlistment, instead of being safe on a ship like during my Navy enlistment.
I wear my CrossedRifles pin with pride.
 
Don't forget about your servicemen/women in uniform that you know,
let them know that you appreciate their time and efforts, it's not easy being away from home, being away from family and loved ones but your thoughtfulness to these brave servicemen/women helps
 
lovs,
theSam!!
 
PFC Samuel L Flyinghorse
US Army Infantryman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poop Moose Has Bottomed Out!!!

theSam!! vs YouTube!?

ELECTION DAY 2006