Water

All of us villageOfficers had been pulled from our respective regions and flown down by theCoast for advanced first aid training,

at least back on my church mishon, we'd drive to our training but on the other hand,

when changing flights at theState's biggest airport I got to eat at an real live "Cheers" pub, which was something that I never did on my church mishen.

Day one we were being shown theVillagePaks!! we'd all take home and wow,

all that was missing from theVP was an ambulance and a couple of grizzled emt's to use everything that we were issued, as no doubt, many of us villageOfficers found out that in ONE month, we were Veterans on par with any City police, fire, emt or corrections,

mama always got after me if I acquired more than 2 duffle bags and a suitcase, "and your guitar!!" she'd say.

she said that to me when I was a child, she said that to me as a youth, she said that to me as a young adult and she'd say that to me now as an older man if she saw what us officers were given in this medical training,

Our instructors were talking us through each item and it amazed me so, to think that theState was devoting much needed public safety funds to us villageOfficers!!

Funds!!, Money, wow.
What's the matter Elder!?
Oh nothing, just that this $10 is from my old SP,
his note says "to spend it foolishly!!"
Well save it cos you still got another 15mos left...

We had airways, O2, iv's, needles and controlled access to drugs as well back in our villageClinicSites

as many of us Officers would also have keyd access to such Clinics upon our return and such TRUST would be confirmed by an piece of paper that read "Certificate, Training, expires on....."

I shut off theCar in our parking space and got out, my mish companion was ahead of me already and opening up the back car door,

a white blinding light pierced theDarkness,

I couldn't see.

Then I heard the soft purring engine of an CityPolice cruiser, then theLights went out, and an Officer walked up to us two Native mishonaries,

he smiled and shook our hands before I could recover my eyesight, "You guys keep coming to talk to me and theWife, but we don't care to join, ehh. sorry about the light,

I was just checking."

Certificates, diplomas, uniforms, even Appearances and of course we all had our ID's, our uniforms and badges from our respective Tribal affiliates
and somewhere in StateOffices were our fingerPrints and other info on File that also implied to others

as well as to us Officers of "Trust" in us, "Support" from theState, "Listen to this Man" when he speaks or helps you.

Or checks on you, kinda like that one night when two "Minorities" were "caught" getting out of an nice looking car and were immediately recognized by their short hair, neckties and black nametags,

But nothing would be complete without Our own trust in ourselves, whom do you trust?! whom do you serve!?

"Sam, go feed theHorses" churchFosterDad would say to me as a child.
"Sam go get some hay" OlderfosterBrother would say to me and I'd eagerly run to start thePickup and drive it around and load up hay.

If other people said I could, their Authority was valid right!?
If your culture was "bad" or degradation and you were shown a better way, they were right and your people were wrong right!?

And years later, I'm looking at 2 duffle bags full of consumptive material and electronics and was sensing a different kind of trust being placed upon me,

now if only those "Livestock" out in theVillage!! knew that I really meant to help them by feeding them,

If only Dad knew that older brother gave me permission to gas up the small pickup then Dad would have known to YELL and get mad at olderBrother and not me because it wasn't my fault for spilling gallons of gasoline!!

or was it?!

but now at this time of my adult life, none of that SelfTrust was lacking. As back in our respective villages, if we sneezed, People said "God bless you!!",

if we were hungry or even looked too long at food we'd get invited to eat, no matter how many times we'd arrested theMother, theFather or kids and extended relatives of that Particular house,

It just worked out that way Far out there in theWilderness,
If we were right then somehow, someway anyone else that sided against us Officers were wrong!! and if you pressed the matter further you'd feel cold steel against you or else around your wrists,

at times I often wondered, if I took any one of my inebriate prisoners, especially the ones that babbled on and on about me and held my arm up to theSquare!!

Would theDemons inside of them, that drove them to eat, to drink, to sex, to assault would act up or would I just be an Officer holding his arm up at an jaunted angle

I never did do that, I just wore my garments,
wore my uniforms and wore my bodyArmor and looked really indignant at all my troubleMakers-even if they were stone sober inside theVillageChurch!! and they'd stay out of trouble, ehh. for another week at least.

With a small chuckle I looked at theSuture kits that I pulled from my villagePak!!, those small needles and thread that were used to temporarily close up wounds,

"tell me again, how drunk does one of our 'Patient/Victims' have to be to SIT STILL for us to use these on them?!" I piped up to theInstructors.

we all laughed, and I thought of us Officers, as Saviors of life to our Villagers, then I thought of some villageGirls with eyes sewn shut, mouths sewn shut by the very Suture's I held and wondered why that thought came to me, ?!

They never sat still-Our prisoners, our "clients", our victims of Assault & Crime that we needed to help,

None ever sat still, were too busy talking and talking, trying to keep me off guard and trying to stay out of jail,

Like that Yuppie joke, about Yuppie Fixation on worldiness and a car zooms by tearing off theYuppies arm.

Hey!! someone yells,
Your arm is gone!!

They Yuppie looks and utters. "Oh god,, my rolex!!"

It was theSame with my villagers, they'd focus on theTangents to keep me away from theObvious or else,
they'd focus on the Obvious to keep me away from the tangents.

By my 5th month on theJob, I just got packs and packs of Gauze pads and lots of tape and saved up a few Gallon jugs for plain Water,

because blood was all I saw every week in theVillage!!

as an toddling Infant, Gramma would guide me along and hum a tune, it was Rock of Ages cleft for me and as she got tired, she'd sing There Is Power In theBlood.

and that song stuck with me all those years.

Blood. Blood blood blood.

why was everyone fascinated by it, and why did everyone in MY own family want to get rid of it?!

But my own Native people were no different from these Alaskan villagers in choosing their Savior to wash theBlood away.

Their Savior was WATER.

As I had learned in high school science, that water was the Universal solvent, often out there in theVillage!!

water made theBlood go away after a boyfriends alcohol & meth fueled sex assault upon his Live-In girl of 10yrs.

water washed away theFood from his angry outbursts out of her clothes and off her skin,

but it never washed the hot grease off her arms that one winter night, but the snow took the pain away, and we took her man away till the following spring.

water was Absolut!! as drinks spilled onto pants and peed out and it took your embarrassment away, made a punchline of your accident but for most girls Out There, water never really washed the cum away.

Maybe something really WAS in the water during pregnancy spikes in the villages!!

Day Two, Day Three, Day Four passed and we all were comfortable in attaching an probe to our "Patients" finger and reading theDigital displays,

We were all comfortable in Sticking on theAdhesive electrodes to our "Patients" chest and as most mnemonic verses go,

When you look at fire (Red) you see smoke rising (black) and that way, under stress we'd just peel and stick theRed electrodes to theLeft (patients Rightside)

and peel and stick theBlack electrodes to theRight (patients Leftside)

and we'd do it all before attaching the Wires that snaked out to theEKG,

My own heart reading was cause for concern from a sharp eyed Officer buddy,

either she was smart like that or was just trying to stay awake and needed to speak up about something just to jostle the rest of us back into focus,

"here" she said,
and sisterCalifornia took off my necktie and put it around her neck, then she tied it up and then loosened it before putting it back on me,
"there" she said,
I think she did that just to focus on someone else instead of on her own private pain,

"are you ok?!" theInstructor asked,
"6 new probationers and 3 outgoing Parolees" I sighed.

Another female officer snapped on a BP cuff to my arm-just to double check and see if my blood pressure really was high. It was, but it was interesting learning about those Syne waves.

We spent the next hour having an proverbial pissin' contest.

"well, my 2 probationers, locked themselves INTO the house, Didn't disturb any snow at all on the porch, just pulled the door real tight and made everything look like No one was there at all...

But they forgot ONE teeeeenssy litttle thinngg.

It was WINTER and COLD and they needed heat, and food and water and..."

Well Mine went and....

Oh yeah!?
well. Last week theSuutters went away for 2 days and let us use their washing machines!!, dudes, we watched the evening news on tv!!
Really?! don't tell theAP's.

On the 4th day I walked into downtown for a break.
I figured that after I was saving $ and spending little out in theVillage!! that I could afford to eat some expensive touristy seafoods.

Best $10 I ever spent was on a piece of Cheesecake!!

-------------

theSam!!
slflyinghorse
anchorage, ak

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poop Moose Has Bottomed Out!!!

theSam!! vs YouTube!?

ELECTION DAY 2006