BaristaSam!!

good morning everyone.

It's Fri 26 Sep 2008 and today's starting out really super!!

Being that it's cold outside, and some cars up and down the street, outside theAptHouse here, have frost on their windows,

Winter is coming!!

Lately theJob searching has taken a sweet turn, Literally!!

I had been applying to some name brand coffeehouses locally and then got referred to some "Licensee-use / Licensed to Use a Name brand" places and then finally got picked up by CARRS / SAFEWAY stores and sent out to one of their Anchorage stores to work as a Barista.

I'm so happy.
I'm glad to be working again, and very happy to be in an CustomerService oriented profession.

Long term wise, I'm going to be doing theCoffeeHouse work and get a Bartending gig too once I can handle two work schedules.

What intrigues me about theAlcohol shots, specifically theFloater / Layered drinks are the ones that go with coffee.

Last month in BarStars Professional Bartending School class, when we (my classmates and I) did Shooter!! drinks, had hands on night and poured shots for each other under close supervision from our Instructors,

I tasted theKahlua, theBaileys Irish Creme etc, and an idea sparked in me.
Which is probably nothing new as far as this Food & Beverage Service Industry is concerned, but for me or for anyone really,

You have to find something specific within an industry and work at that. And being the sweet tooth!!, I'll go with those things that interest me.

As far as theCoffee's, the drinks on Menu at various Espresso shops and stands, I've only tried a few and mainly just stick with Vanilla steamers and Cookies & Pastries.

I know, I know.
I'm boring and predictable.

Anyway, I'm not making much $, but that's not my point or reason for being here 'slaving' away and learning theTrade, theCraft!! of theCup,

I'm here because it's an opportunity for me to meet people and serve them.

luvs,
theBaristaSam!!
slflyinghorse
anchorage, alaska

AlaskaVillageTales

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poop Moose Has Bottomed Out!!!

theSam!! vs YouTube!?

ELECTION DAY 2006