More Foot Steps

Fri 27 Feb 2009

Just checking in to see how things are here.

I've seen that Lots of hits keep coming from all over the world as well as AK.
You'll notice that down at the bottom of this page, as that of any website, is some kind of SiteMeter, and that is what I have,

Even a basic Meter or Record Keeper of a site lets you know where a Site visitor is logging in from, now, Most people don't hide their ISP's but some would and Do.
And as many of you people know, an ISP is like a physical address, it also lists thePC brand, configuration, sometimes whom it's registered too.

But still.

So, Hello to all my visitors from Alaska!!
and from theWest Coast, to theEast Coast United States,
And hello to Canada, and Europe too, as well as theAsian Pacific rim and Australia.
Yet I still can't get over the fact that SouthAfrica has Inet, but hello there too.

Lately I've been seeing theMilitary recruiters again and, what with theNewEnlistment standards being "Lowered" again,

I, at the old age of 41, am allowed to sign up for ACTIVE Duty military service,
Something that I couldn't do even as recent as 2 yrs ago.
So, at this time of my Life I am considering putting my CivilianLife on hold once again, like I did in 1990 when I went into theUS Navy, and am wanting to join theArmy.

So far, so good on my applications work, and personally.
These employment times are hard for me, cos lately, I'm getting less and less work hours as Barista and I only make $7 hr,

This month of Mar I will have earned enough $ in Feb to pay my rent and only $30 or so left over to live on, pay bills and eat.

That includes my Military VA disability (rated at 10% hearingLoss) which right now, is about $125 a month. I'm poorer than a church mouse. I'm going to lose my Inet and my Cell phone later in Mar and if I stay a Civilian and keep being a Barista for carrsSafeway stores here in AK,

I see no improvement in my life. Yet, life is good. Life is great for me.
Because I know who I am in life, because I have already done so much already, have already learned about and studied up on things that interest me and keep learning more about other stuff,

and as always, People. I'm a people person and enjoy the company of people!!
Which is why I love being a Barista now, but there's something more UnSelfless to do while our Country's place in theWorld is rated less and Less Popular in the eyes of Everyone,

There's something more to do than worry about MY life, and it's time to sacrifice once again for my fellow americans, just like I did 19yrs ago when I first reEnlisted.

I am 41yrs old and I see most everyone around me seeking out good paying jobs and wanting ALL the perks and benes, and wanting More and More and More.
And this Want is not necessarily a bad thing,

I mean, if ya' got a wife and kids, or at least a Woman and she's got kids for You then by all means, Do what you must to provide for them.

But I'm from the old school. My happiness doesn't really come from monetary incentive and popularity or public gratitude as much as it really comes from knowing that I did a great job and did it well.

Half the time, at theBaristaKiosk here in Anchorage, when I close Shift and closeShop. I forget 'something', I always forget to dump out theBrewed Teas sitting up High on the shelf, out of my line of sight,

or I forget to remake another silver can of WhipCream, or I forget to finish up on Stocking Milk, it's always that or the taking of dirtyRags to the laundry hamper, or I forget a few pastries,

But behind that work, behind theGreenApron I wear.
I love the job, I love interacting with people. I like making sweet drinks and making caffeinated drinks for everyone and would hope to someday move on into an Alcohol bar where Dinner AND drinks are served, and where I can also make tips too.

Cos I'm going to lose my apt at this rate of $7hr and no tips, because I work for a grocerStore Chain that is "Licensed To Use" theStarbucks product.

But there's more to all this right now.
I'm still young, am reasonably fit, and am still in good condition and still have my Youth and my Looks. I can still serve my Country in combat like I have decided to do and do follow up on this.

I hope that my God sees me through all this, I hope that theCreator of my soul puts me on the path of continued Service to my fellow americans, and perhaps, to other peoples of this earth.

I could stay home and be selfish, and climb up through any profession I choose and acquire things, and step on people,

but that's not what I do, and that's not who I am.
Being mean to people isn't fun and it isn't nice. We must help each other, by helping those around us and in that way, we make the world a better place and we first make a better place by starting Within ourselves, of which I've already done years and years ago.

Thanks for your time everyone.
I'll keep posting from time to time.
-----------------------------

-FootSteps-

-HighSchoolGraduate
-LDS Returned Missionary
-Licensed Cosmetologist
-US Navy Parachute Rigger
-Licensed Massage Practitioner
-ChildCare / Nanny
-Alaska VPSO / village public safety officer
-Private Security
-Food & Beverage, DMO, FoodPrep
-Guitar, Piano, Vocals
-ExMormon, former Cult member
-BodyPiercing / Tattoo fan
-Starbucks Barista
-?!

Whats next?
is to rediscover my Artistry
.
Because I've recently gone ahead and gave up Organized religion Entirely.
And completely renounced all ties, once again, with Mormonism.

That cult I was in for so long gave NO room at all for personal creativity for SELF.
Everything you did or had to do was for theCult, for the Mormon god and nothing for you. So I had to repress a lot of creativity and self expression.

Since I'm currently sitting around in my apt after work hours playing Piano, guitar and practicing my vocals and songwriting.

I'm also reverting back to my drawings, my Artistic talents I once had.
And I want to channel that drive towards trying my hand at getting AND giving Tattoos and BodyPiercings,

We'll see how that goes.
Learn something new every week,
Learn something new every month, every year and let that Talent be for someone else to benefit from besides you.

always,
Samuel L Flyinghorse
Anchorage, AK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poop Moose Has Bottomed Out!!!

theSam!! vs YouTube!?

ELECTION DAY 2006