This Is What Friends Are For!!

theSam!!
now approaching 140!!

Posts that is, it's kind of like theCholestrol count or even the Systolic pressure on theBP cuff!!

*sigh*
and sadly, once it was my body weight back in grade school.
Oh to be young again.... and Skinny!!
--------------------------

That's What Friends Are For!!

theSam!! doesn't often take people at their word now adays.

One recent SecurityOfficer buddy of mine, a young, hot Gorgeous Yupik eskimo Gal told me, "Oh, just have people call me for a personal reference for you!"

After some conversation we had one Night while driving around theCity and talking.

Yeah right, and this is coming from someone whom snatched my cellPhone off my belt and programmed in no less than 3 of her contact numbers into it

but never answers her Phones or never comments on text or photos I send to her (pics of her driving, eating at Party, standing and talking to me etc.)

Women are funny and I gave up trying to understand them years ago.

Because it was years ago that I had my heart broken and my trust abused by people whom I thought loved me, and people whom I grew to love and trust.

In Everett WA lived an young couple. They were my age, and hubby worked at Boeing, or MicroSoft and theWife stayed at home with the 2 kids.

Sometimes, a few ward sisters did let me do Salon work on them at home, as I had scrimped & scraped funds to get such active licensure to do so in peoples homes

and I was often found cutting hair, perming and doing Massage in a few member homes after awhile.

Granted, that my sole desires at theTime in Seattle were to grow theClientel lists and rent my own commercial space and gather all my Ladies at one safe happy place where I would work on them,

LOL, dreams are fickle aren't they? But they can do much when bolstering your esteem, helping drive you throughout theDay and during your bad times.

My two ward friends were from theMidWest.
And were quite comfortable being around an Indian, or rather, a Lamanite!! as they always called me,

During my Massage therapy school days when I leaned towards Pregnancy Massage and incorporating theSoft, basic Hands-On of Swedish into my Salon practice,

I went looking for "Models" to work on,

And I found them, 3 Stake sisters and two more Non-members.

wow, I was impressed deeply.
Not just at theLevel of Trust where I was at, or held amongst my friends,

but to see first hand a Glimpse of how my Future would turn out when I later married my own Fiance (a Non at theTime) by getting to feel, touch tummies that held LIFE!!

wow,
whales are huge,
VillageChicks!! are huge too,

even theCurrent girlfriendz of mine are just huge, well, up close and personal they are,

but pregnant women are just Immense,
and they have to breathe harder and respirate faster,
get hot more easily and...

Anyway,
I got to work on my one Sister friend before she got knocked up and into theFinal stages of her 3rd trimester,

and even afterwards I got to work on her Just Because.

And during all this time,
I got to socialize a bit with theCouple. We'd watch movies they rented till 2 or 3 and I'd sleep on theSofa and then Hubby would wake me up and on his way to work would drive me back to my place,

Once or twice, My Sister friend and I even attended theTemple in Bellevue, and this was long before "reservations" were de rigeur!! (sp?)

We went through some sessions and would quietly chat in theCelestial Room before leaving,

in fact, I think that I chatted quietly with only Her, as anyone else in theWard or from theStake that knew me during times we were at theTemple at theSame time would never talk to me,

But even during those times of Solitude in theCelestial Room, God made it worth my while in communicating certain things to me and Only me.

So there we have it.

A Lamanite brother is working at getting his life established in WA state,

his Church friends are close to him,
even his well to do Fiance occasionally drops him off at Temple on her way to Seattle, kisses him goodbye, even feeds him afterwards, takes him out,

Life is good, in spite of theHardships life is great.

*sigh*

Looking back on things.
It was theNeighbors that were always on theEdge of my mind.

the next door neighbors of my Church friends were, what I'd call, lowLife people.

Not too much low income, they had a party sports car, they had their Welfare $ and their Smoke $ and food to feed theKids that all 2 adults and 3 teens had made.

And when ever I would visit my Church friends, whether it was to Massage my friends or cut hair or chat personally with theHusband, sooner or later the Mother neighbor would walk into theHouse and see what was going on, etc.

She had her doubts, and had expressed them about me to her friends/my Church friends.

they defended me and let things go at that.

But she was always there on theEdge of my mind and attention whenever I would go see my friends.

One time I drafted a letter of thanks to my Church friends just because.

And expressed a lot of things on my mind, and thanked them for being a friend, told them individually that I loved them and talked to them personally paragraph by paragraph in my letter,

I mean,
theHusband had personally invited me to stand in theCircle of Priesthood to bless his new baby girl that I had felt inside theWomb!! during the time I massaged his wife,

It felt great to be trusted and let inside theCircle of family and friends like that,

and for the almost 2 years afterwards it was good to see that little girl I helped bless during my brief visits and chats with my two Church friends,

Certainly friendship isn't easy under the best of circumstances, when I impacted a tooth and needed a ride to an IHS dentist that would see me, my two Church friends took me.

But I don't think that my two friends even got that letter I left for them in the mail box,

About two days after that,
I was walking home and swung through theNeighborhood to visit my friends,

theHusband met me at theDoor and dropped a bomb on me.

"I do not appreciate you visiting here when I'm not around, I do not like it that you are seeing my children more than me,
I do not like the feelings that you obviously have for my wife and
I forbid you to ever come here again."

Or words to that effect.
Stunned, I left,

and as I walked away theNeighbor lady stepped on over to theHouse, up the porch and smiling at theHusband,

I knew what she did,
what had happened, that she took the letter and twisted the news and they never saw it,

or maybe they did,
After that I didn't care anymore.

Life went on,
I matter of factly stated what had happened to some Other Ward friends, people that I had known on equal terms, experiences,

people whom at one time or other, had ALSO lent, $, food, car and most other things that friends give to friends,

I had even met extended 'single' relatives of these various Church friends and was impressed that they thought so much of me to share a single female in their familys,

That one couple later sold their house and moved out north to theCountryside,

I know, because just before the letter drop, I had traveled with them to go look at houses, and among other things they said in conversation,

that they were wanting to move away from their neighbor friends because they were nosy, caused trouble and were not to be trusted,

Yep, That's what friends are for,
through good times and bad times,


Until they kick you out of their life!!

theSam!!
slflyinghorse
anchorage, ak

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poop Moose Has Bottomed Out!!!

theSam!! vs YouTube!?

ELECTION DAY 2006