I C I C!!

Do you SEE too!?

d:oP
--------------

Well.
Time moves on and so does theSam!!

After searching high and low for work within theFood & Beverage Industry theSam!! was taken in by an Village!! entity and will be a slave to theGrind!! once again.

as well it should be!!

Just yesterday, one of our Bar Vendors stopped in to remind us of theTastingEvent to be held later on at 3pm,

but, by then, Word had gotten around from theVendors to theManagers to us Employees that this particular WineTastingEvent was strictly for Managers only,

and that was a disappointment to me in the sense that I looked forward all month to be able to go and taste wines and further my explorations from theVine!!

I admit that though I left organized religion behind I still find myself labeling people, situations and circumstance for what it is.

And this exclusion of me doesn't sit well at all.
But I'm grown up enough to see things for what they are and if it's a problem to many people then I'll say and do something about it.

But for now, it's only my problem.
And Bar mgmt!!

Because no matter how far I've come in life with extensive experience in human relations and with theInsight that I have into people's lives (sometimes!!) it's frustrating to not enjoy what I perceive to be a good thing. i.e;

Let me into theDrinking club because this is part of the new life I have chosen.

If I'd wanted to NOT drink and socialize, then I'd have stayed in Church group.

But my White, female bosses and other Vendors that prohibit "minority staff" from attending such a thing as an WineTasting social event probably don't know that they're actively discriminating.

Coming from theBackGround that my single, white, female supervisors and bosses do, I expected more openness, sympathy and understanding in my day to day workings around them and for them in theGrillLines and theDishPits!!

Coming from the church background that I have, I've always seen minorities and Women as being suppressed and held down in life by White males,

And it's because of that insensitivity from the mormon churchCult I once was a part of, is why I am changed much in life, But I see that much needs to be done in way of getting some people to seeing things from my point of view.

I had remembered that the specific place of WineTasting was to be held in a Different Ball room than theLast WineTasting that I attended,

And since I've been carrying my Violin around a lot more because of the warm Spring weather and gorgeous sunshine that Anchorage has been having!!

When my work shift was over for the afternoon, I grabbed by Violin and shouldered my BackPack and walked over to theCookInletHotel!! where my favorite Piano is kept.

Here in Anchorage, every major hotel, motel, museum and public venue has some kind of setup for public performance, and my favorite piano that sits in theLobby of an favorite hotel of mine to visit was going to be played upon by me-theSam!!

But when I got to theHotel!!,
I saw that thePiano in the lobby was gone!!

Panic stricken I approached theFrontDesk!!
Smiling faces greeted me and upon hearing my complaint that "My Piano" was gone!!
The young man and woman smiled and told me that my piano was being used for an ballroom program,

"it's a WineTasting isn't it!?" I interjected into their friendly spiel.
Yes, yes it was!!
But they'd put "My piano" back, ha ha, when theEvent was done.

*sigh*

dejected, Wine-less and without my piano to play on I slumped out of theHotel and headed back downtown.

It wasn't unusual at all for any hotel or business to wheel their pianos to where ever an social event was being held,

a few months back, an grandHotel, where I first attended an BeverageShow had a cheater piano in their Lobby, and I found it after making the rounds of theTradeShow floor,

consuming several samples of wine & spirits and getting very warm, toasty and sleepy!!

Then I saw thePiano sitting there all alone and I sat down to play a few lines from my heart.

But today, I thought that my HotelPiano was going to be there for me, because, for theLast tradeshow held, where I attended in this same favorite downtown hotel,

theEventSponsors had invited an femaleVirtuoso!! to playViolin for us as we all tasted beers and ate foods and socialized.

So, I went to theHotel today, thinking that MyPiano would be there for me in the lobby and though I was locked out of attending theWineTasting!!

I wouldn't be prevented from keying a few notes and chord lines down stairs in theLobby.

but I was.

Undaunted,
I set out across Downtown to my next Option!!
a small hideAway place that had an small assortment of musical instruments out on display.

And amongst these instruments was a small digital piano with weighted Keys, 2 footPedals for dampen & Sustain and had built in speakers.

I leaned my Violin against theBench I sat upon, placed my small pack beside me and quietly tapped out C scale, then D, then G and E.

Just simple, simple steps up and down theIvory & Ebony board.
Then I adjusted to exclusively using theBlackKeys.

With my Left hand, as a couple of my YouTube videos illustrate, I found a collection of Notes for Melody, and anchored theMusings of my right hand to theLeft.

I must have played quietly, several scales and chord combos, for about an hour.
Oddly, no one bothered me, though several customers, Bar servers, patrons hung around close by,

I did have a heavy heart, over trivial things, but people most likely felt that I wanted to be left alone, and I'm glad that no one bothered me, or tipped me yesterday.

And what a great time I had!!
To get lost in music and to shake out some concerns and feelings and use them as fuel for creativity and to enhance what music I currently make on my little Casio keyboard at home in my Apt.

My small Casio keyboard goes Left, exactly 2 "C" notes past Middle C.
And to theRight of Middle C, the keys go exactly to 3 C's

and my Lefthand bass runs and melody anchorings sound Totally different on a REAL piano.

A real Piano!!

Then I perked up and gathered my belongings.

Why not go visit the Music stores and see what new pianos were in stock today!?
After all.

I was no longer bound, chained to a 2nd part time job slaving away in theDishPits at theSteakHouse!!

I was free to do what ever I wanted,
And that feeling means alot to me now adays.

Because I hate to work when I should be sleeping and I hate to work far below what I should be Paid!!

So I visited a couple of music stores yesterday.
I rode 2, 3 buses yesterday and went into some places and looked, pecked away at various keyboards and full size GrandPianos.

I got some brochures from piano manufacturers to take home with me and then found my way back to my Apt via theBus system.

Maybe it's good that I'm leaving my 2nd part time job and going to work FULLTIME for an corporation (again)

Though I've done varying amounts of work in theKitchens and DishPits of both places,

I was not used to my Fullest potential at either.
though I was promised much by theExecutiveChef's of both places that I would get promoted and advanced further into Cooking.

I have to look at things from an outsiders perspective.

Because I have learned much about ALL of my bosses and coWorkers in theBars and Restaurants where I used to work here in Anchorage,

That THEY are of a different breed than I am.
That most of thePeople I worked with in theFoodIndustry came to IT from prison, or from jail or from similar backgrounds,

Or had NOT ONE warlike bone in their body.
Had never ever gone and done any kind of public service like I have done.

And some of my bosses, co workers and other people of the moment around me have told me, that washing dishes and moving things and doing manual labor "was beneath them",

that they were "managers now",
that they "were directors and told people what to do"

And sometimes,
on days when I concealed fireArms upon me at work.

I smiled at various people who basically told me that they were Sheep and would always be sheep, and would never do anything hard in their lives,

That they like things safe, and want a life of ease and great food and drink.

I admit it,
That I too, bought into that mindset for awhile,

Which led me to being furious and disappointed yesterday that I couldn't attend an WineTasting that, up until the day of theEvent,

was Touted as an event open to Everyone in association with the specific Vendors hosting thatShow.

And mostly, I was mad at myself for being a sheep too.

But just because I'm not in uniformed Public safety-where I rightfully belong, doesn't mean that I've given up totally on my own self appointed responsibilities.

Though I bought into theWine and Song mindset regarding High-End Cuisine and started to get used to drinking Wine and Mixed drinks with my sumptious meals,

it doesn't mean I've given up my Warrior ways.

I smile at theKidz, at theGirls!!, at theBoyz and at others whom go about theBar, theKitchen and theIndustry in general with closed eyes and I'm going to laugh real hard,

when in a few short months, years when Life as we now know it, changes dramatically.
They'll be wishing that they hadn't let others do physical work,

they'll wish they hadn't acquired possessions and started acquiring knowledge and all the Character building tasks that come with that way of life.

Personally,
I'll be like a few other smart people, that will have some Gold, girls and cheeseCake!!, because I too have some Guns!!

Now do you see!?
-----------------

luvs,
theSam!!
slflyinghorse
anchorage, alaska

btw,
sheep or Rack of Lamb!! is easy to make and is delicious to theTaste!!
d:oP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poop Moose Has Bottomed Out!!!

theSam!! vs YouTube!?

ELECTION DAY 2006