Your Worth It All

0430hrs and another Training Day for MV Transport Class #4 here in Anchorage.

We've done class time, we've done some Behind theWheel time in the safety of theParking lots scuffing traffic cones and endlessly backing up, parallel parking and drive-in parking.

And we finally hit theRoad with an more experienced ParaTransit/MVT driver last week.

Each stop to pickup a new rider was different and often a special treat for me in that each specialNeeds rider did humble me much.

theYoung lady at theCoffeeshop, slowly walked out theDoor as we waited for her.
apprehensive, she knew someone else was aboard theShuttleVan that awaited her. New people, and she stepped onboard and slowly looked Left and peeked up.

Like a slow frightened RedHeaded sunrise her wide-Eyes peeked above theDivider panel to blink at me and my Classmate.

"It's wery wharhmm out Edd!!" she uttered 2, 5, 40 times to our P/MVT Driver that half hour we student/Drivers were graced with her presence.

If it wasn't for her infirmity and child-like speech, she could be sitting behind a Bank Customer Service Rep desk, or be in her own RealEstate office talking with Buyers that want to view Today!!

Finally she speaks to us 2 students.

"Can we leave him!!" as we tell her again for the 20th time, that we are picking up another Rider and then we will take her home.

Her childish smile and demeanor reveals a little mischief mind and that is so refreshing.

So I play along with that,
yeah, theOther Rider isn't showing up yet, Let's leave him and go!

Soon, she's telling us 2 studentDriver/Riders that she's very warm and that she loves us.

Oh my God,
I picked theRight job when theRecruiter called me , essentially taking me away from theAirport Security work I was doing.

Thank God sir, and thank you Ms Redhead and theRest of theWonderful clients we saw last week. I'm loving this new job already.

Waking up early and often Walking the 7 miles to South Anchorage to theJob site to be to workTraining right now isn't a hard thing.

Our wheel-chaired and infirm clients are theBest.
And our Drivers too, I respect them all. Some gruff, some aloof, some chatty!! and all very much like me in that we enjoy serving Others that need us.

I'm Samuel L Flyinghorse and I'm training to drive ParaTransit.

Peace,
01 July 2007

Anchorage, Alaska

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poop Moose Has Bottomed Out!!!

theSam!! vs YouTube!?

ELECTION DAY 2006